Detect & Alert for:
• Sitting Water
• Extreme Moisture
• Heat & Freezing
• Excess Voltage
Many physical conditions can cause damage to your home or personal property. This can occur silently, without obvious indications before damage is done, and without necessarily creating a hazard for the inhabitants.
Here are some examples:
• Accumulated water in a crawl space can lead to foundation problems, as well as mold, mildew, and fungus infestations.
• Temperature extremes (both freezing and hot) can cause problems, including burst water pipes, damaged lighting fixtures, cracked windows and masonry features, even structural problems.
• High line voltage problems (not just lightning) can damage appliances and electronic equipment.
• Low voltage conditions (brown-outs) can damage air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
• Fluctuating voltages can cause digital electronic equipment to lose configuration settings and behave erratically.
• Long-term moisture conditions (under sinks, or tubs, for example) can damage cabinets, flooring, and underlying framing structures.
Simple moisture detectors connected to the security or home integration system can alert the homeowner of impending damage, so that the condition can be remedied—long before significant damage occurs. Monitoring these conditions can be especially useful for inaccessible areas like attics and crawl spaces and for vacation homes, where extreme weather can add to the damage.
These kinds of conditions are usually inexpensive to detect and remedy. But left unchecked, they can cause extensive damage that may be very expensive to repair. Electronic home integration makes it easy for you to monitor them, so they can receive timely attention before they become real problems.