As a small business owner, you have a right to be concerned about security. But have you considered how business security automation can actually improve your business? It’s impossible to be in two places at once, but with business monitoring, you can stay in the loop, even when you’re out of the office. Here’s a look at just what business security automation is and how it can make your business better.
An Overview of Business Monitoring
Business monitoring is a method for remotely controlling aspects of your business’s security and comfort systems. It uses advanced technology to provide a smarter way for you to manage your business on the go. For example, you can change light and temperature settings wirelessly using just about any web-enabled device, including PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones. Coupled with security cameras, business monitoring is the best way to manage your business and keep it safe.
7 Benefits of Business Security Automation
In this digital era, you stand to benefit in many ways from business security automation. Such a system in your small business gives you the ability to:
- Check if your business has been opened or closed to increase security in your absence.
- Check on the lights and make adjustments remotely to save energy and money.
- Ensure the alarm system is locked down so you can put your mind at ease without driving all the way to your business to check.
- Remotely set and disable the alarm for full control of business security no matter how far away you are from the premises.
- View video surveillance from live camera feeds to prevent losses, exercise greater control and oversee your business from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Receive email and text alerts to keep on top of your business, even if you’re across town or away on vacation.
- Remotely control the temperature so you can prepare the space for your arrival or make adjustments after you leave.
Your Business Before Security Automation
Picture your business the way it is now. If you leave the premises in a hurry on your way to an event, it could be too late to turn around by the time you realize you left the back door unlocked and the air conditioner blasting. You can only hope no one realizes the door is unlocked until you can swing by again after the event.
Another scenario is if an authorized employee needs to enter the building briefly, but he left his key at home. There’s no way for him to get inside without making the trip all the way back home, and there’s nothing you can do to help him because you’re on vacation.
Your Business After Security Automation
Now imagine these scenarios with business security automation. When it occurs to you that you left the business in poor shape on your way out the door, you can use your smartphone to lock the door you left open, turn off the air conditioning and arm the alarm.
When your employee calls you in distress, you can remotely disable the alarm so he can enter and grab what he needs. As soon as he’s out of the building, he gives you the go-ahead to reset the alarm and re-secure the premises.
Clearly, business security automation grants you an arsenal of abilities that allow for better management, even when you’re away. Whether the crime rate is high in your neighborhood or you simply have a desire to protect your investment while you’re away, business security automation coupled with security cameras could clearly be the solution you need to tighten up your business and streamline your security measures.